How to Make Healthy Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Cinnamon apple muffins are a great choice if you’re seeking a healthy and delicious snack. They’re not just a wonderful treat but also quick and simple to create and full of healthy ingredients.
This article will provide you with a recipe for tasty, healthy cinnamon apple muffins that will satisfy your desires and keep your body nourished with healthful goodness. So let’s get started and discover how to make these tasty and nutritious muffins. If you want to learn various dessert recipes for kids, don’t forget to read our blog on dessert recipes for kids.
Healthy Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
You will need the following ingredients.
- Apples – 200 gm
- Rolled oats – 1 ½ cups
- Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 3 teaspoons
- Brown sugar – 80 gm
- Mild olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Apple sauce – ¼ cup
To make my apple muffins, follow the illustrated step-by-step instructions below.
Prepare the apples and rolled oats in advance. For this, grate the apples. Next, soak the grated apples, rolled oats, and vanilla essence in milk. You can keep this mixture for 20 minutes, but if you want, you can leave it overnight. The soaked rolled oats make the muffins moist and fluffy.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (about 350°F). Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray by greasing it or lining it with paper cups. To avoid lining or greasing the muffin tin, you can use a silicone muffin tray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Use a fork or whisk to mix everything well. Add the wet ingredients. Mix the soaked oats thoroughly with the oil and apple sauce. Blend the dry ingredients with the wet ones carefully until combined.
Pour batter into the muffin tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. When the muffins are ready, they will be golden and bounce back if we lightly press them in the middle. Before removing, give the tray five minutes to cool.
Substitutions For Various Ingredients
You might not have some of the ingredients. No worries! You can use their substitutes.
- Apple sauce – You can use egg instead of apple sauce. The muffins will still work, but the flavor of the apple will not be as strong.
- Milk- You can use any type of milk or substitute, such as soy, rice, or almond milk.
- Mild olive oil – You can use it in place of melted butter or any kind of oil having a mild flavor.
- Brown sugar – You can use any granulated sugar in place of brown sugar. If you want to make your muffins without any added sugar, increase the amount of apple sauce from 1⁄4 to 1 cup and leave out the sugar. The muffins will have a little more density without the granulated sugar.
- Flour – You can use a gluten-free baking mixture in this recipe in place of flour.
Storing and Freezing of Muffins
To store and freeze these muffins, you can do the following –
- To preserve freshness, you should keep the muffins in the refrigerator for about a week. They only last approximately 3 to 4 days if you keep them outside the refrigerator on the counter.
- You can freeze these muffins, which will stay for about 3 months. Then, place the muffins in a zip-lock bag or other airtight container. Place them in the fridge the night before to defrost, and they will thaw. Or you can heat it for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ve got a detailed idea of how to make healthy cinnamon apple muffins easily. So try the recipe at home and enjoy a delicious and healthy snack.