Are you craving a warm and comforting bowl of wonton soup but don’t want to leave the comfort of your home? Look no further! Making wonton soup at home is easier than you think, and the results are simply delicious. This traditional Chinese dish is filled with tender wontons, flavorful broth, and fresh vegetables, making it the perfect meal for any day.
Whether you are a seasoned chef or a kitchen beginner, this recipe will surely impress you. So grab your apron and prepare to create a wonton soup bowl that will transport your taste buds straight to China. If you want to try vegetarian Chinese recipes, you can visit our blog on vegetarian Chinese dishes.
- Chicken broth
- 5 scallion stems
- 5 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Soy Sauce
- Minced ginger and ginger
- Sesame oil
- Shaoxing wine
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Ground pork
- Scallion minced
- Soy sauce
- Shaoxing wine
- Sesame oil
- Minced garlic
- Minced ginger
- White pepper
- Corn starch
Here are the easy steps to make wonton soup at home.
To Make The Fillings
- At first, mince five jumbo shrimp and a big scallion. Now in a mixing bowl, add eight ounces of ground pork, the minced shrimp and the scallion, one teaspoon of regular soy sauce, one teaspoon of Shaoxing wine, and half a teaspoon of sesame oil.
- After that, in that mixture, add a teaspoon of minced ginger, two cloves of minced garlic, a quarter of a teaspoon of white pepper, and two teaspoons of cornstarch. Now, mix everything until evenly incorporated.
Making of Wontons
- For the wonton, you can use store-bought wonton wrappers. Place a wrapper on your cutting board, and add about one teaspoon of the meat mixture. To close them, get your finger wet and go around the edges.
- One of the ways to close them is in a triangle shape, or you can gather all the corners at the top, press, and seal. Please don’t be too concerned with the shape, as they usually lose shape in the soup. And if you eat only some of them, you may freeze them and use them later.
- Next, add two baby-bok choy to a small pot of hot boiling water for less than a minute. Remove it from the hot water and transfer it into an ice bath to stop cooking.
Making of Wonton Soup
- To begin, in a large pot over medium heat, add 8 cups of chicken broth, four cups of water, five scallion stems, and pretty much the white part of five green onions. Next, add two cloves of smashed garlic to release all their flavor. The green onions and the garlic will give the soup a beautiful background flavor.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt or to taste, one teaspoon of regular soy sauce, one and a half teaspoon of Shaoxing wine, and one teaspoon of sesame oil. Give that a quick mix and bring it to a simmer. Once it comes to a simmer, continue simmering for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the food at a medium-high level. Add the wontons to the broth and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Taste the salt and adjust it based on your preference. Next, add some baby bok choy; I suggest to use just before serving.
- Pour the clear broth over the wontons after placing them at the bottom of the bowl. And garnish it with scallion. Now you are ready to eat!
Finally, learning to make wonton soup at home is a pleasant experience that will sate your appetites and dazzle your taste senses. You can make a hearty bowl of soup brimming with flavor and nutrients with only a few basic ingredients and some skill.
The end product will be a substantial and tasty soup ideal for any occasion. So, why not try wonton soup in your kitchen today and enjoy the flavor of this classic Chinese dish? There you guys have your wonton soup! Enjoy