Shredded chicken salad is one of the many delectable and healthful dishes you can make with leftover chicken. It can be served as a sandwich filling, in salads, or even as an appetizer with some breadsticks. Shredded chicken salad is a very simple but delicious food to eat.
We’re preparing my go-to chicken salad recipe today. It’s straightforward but tasty with a handheld mixer’s assistance. The shredded chicken salad is incredibly simple and versatile, so you can add anything you want to it and change it up as you like. Let’s proceed. For more chicken dinner recipes, visit our blog chicken dinner recipes.
- One boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s see the steps.
Let’s prepare the chicken first. In a white skillet, add the chicken breast and chicken broth. Once it has boiled, turn down the heat to a simmer. Cook the chicken breasts covered for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
The first step in preparing shredded chicken salad is to thoroughly shred the chicken breasts or thighs. This will help the salad stay together when eaten raw or after cooking. You can use a box grater or food processor for this step.
After that, add the mayonnaise, celery, sweet onion, salt, and black pepper to a large bowl along with the chicken broth. Stir everything to combine.
- First, make sure you’re using fresh ingredients. If you want to keep your shredded chicken salad healthy, use only fresh ingredients, no canned vegetables or pre-packaged meats.
- Next, if you’re making this recipe for yourself or your family, don’t be afraid of using more mayonnaise than usual. It’ll add flavor without adding fat!
- For up to five days, store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Add any vegetables you like (we recommend carrots, celery, and red bell pepper). I also like to add some avocado because it adds extra moisture and gives the salad a nice texture. But, of course, if you want to make the salad without avocado, just leave it out-it’s still delicious!
- The inclusion of cranberries in this recipe is particularly appealing as they add tartness that contrasts nicely with the chicken’s mild flavor. Topping it (pun intended) with sunflower seeds adds extra crunch, making this leisurely lunch tastier.
Most recipes consist of roughly the same ingredients. Bulk up on the chicken, veggies, and spices, and you have a meal.
Shredded chicken salad is a light and healthy meal that can be served as an appetizer. Or you can store it in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to have it. Its flavor does not change when refrigerated as homemade chicken soup does. Henceforth, one of our favorite recipes is this shredded chicken salad. It is speedy, simple, and tasty!