This delicious one-pot chicken rice recipe is perfect for busy families or when you’re short on time. You can have a delicious and nutritious dinner in under 30 minutes in just a few easy steps. Not to mention, it only requires one pot, saving you time and energy on dishes!
With tender roasted chicken, fluffy long-grain rice, and flavorful spices, this dish provides a flavor-packed punch that even picky eaters will enjoy. So get ready to make a tasty meal with minimal effort!
One-pot recipes are so quick, easy, and, trust me it’s stress-free. So let’s make the best one-pot rice and chicken.
- Fresh long-grain rice
- Two tablespoons of yogurt
- Chilli powder
- Black pepper powder
- Garam masala powder
- Garlic powder
- Boneless chicken breasts
- A quarter teaspoon of red chili powder
- Cooking oil
- Bay leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cumin seeds
- Freen cardamom pods
- Black cardamom pods
Let’s see the steps of make one-pot chicken rice.
Marination of Chicken
- Let’s start the recipe by making a marinade for the chicken. Take a bowl and add the yogurt. Next, add the salt, red chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala powder. Just whisk all together.
- Add about 200 grams of boneless chicken breast to this, cut up into cubes. Mix everything and coat the chicken with the marinade very well. Now let it rest for at least half an hour.
Frying of Chicken
- Take a pan and add about two tablespoons of oil. Start dropping the pieces of chicken into the hot oil. When The chicken starts browning, pull out all the pieces.
- Don’t worry; we will cook them again if they don’t look cooked enough right now.
Cooking of rice
- Now let’s move on to cooking the rice. So in the same pan with the residual oil, add about a teaspoon of ghee. Let that melt. The first thing to add is some lightly crushed peppercorns to the pan.
- Next, add two bay leaves, three skinny cinnamon sticks, one teaspoon of cumin seeds, and four cloves. Give that a quick stir. And these will release their flavor and aroma.
- Add four green cardamom pods And two black cardamom pods. Just give that a stir. Next, add one finely chopped onion and let that cook slightly. Next, add about a teaspoon of finely minced garlic. Cook this till the raw smell of the garlic goes away, which is pretty quick because it’s finely chopped.
- To this, add two tomatoes finely chopped. Saute that around.
- After that, add the golden browned chicken pieces with some lovely masalas to this, starting with, of course, a little bit of salt. A teaspoon of red chili powder. 2 teaspoons of coriander powder. Half a teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- When you cook everything perfectly, add 1 cup of basmati rice soaked in water for at least half an hour. Dip that in. gently mix that with the masala.
- Now add 1 1/2 cups of water, the juice of half a lemon, And some salt. Give that a very gentle stir. Let this come to a slight simmer.
- Now cover it with a lid and let it cook through. After 15 minutes, you’ll smell the amazing smell of the dish. Hence, turn off the gas, and it’s ready to serve.
In conclusion, one-pot chicken rice is a fantastic option for anyone looking for a tasty and easy-to-make meal. A warm and hearty one-pot chicken rice is a simple but delicious meal everyone will enjoy. It’s easy to make, with just the right balance of savory and comforting flavors.
From start to finish, it can be prepared in less than an hour, leaving your entire family satisfied! Why not give this simple yet delicious dish a try?