How to Make Chocolate Bundt Cake
Doesn’t matter if you are a child or an adult; chocolates are everyone’s favorite. It is common to prepare a chocolate cake for your loved ones, but have you heard of chocolate bundt cake? The fudgy chocolate bundt cake is perfect for chocolate dessert lovers. It’s easy to enjoy anytime because it’s simple yet elegant and delicious without being too complicated.
You can serve it after a wonderful supper and top it with a rich ganache or eat it plain for the ideal luxurious breakfast or midday pick-me-up. Continue reading to learn how to make this the best possible.
Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Let’s see how we can easily make delicious chocolate bundt cake at home.
Here are the ingredients we will need to make a chocolate bundt cake.
- Cooking spray
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Freshly made strong coffee – 1 cup
- Dutch-process cocoa powder – 3/4 cup (65 gm)
- Granulated sugar – 2 cups (400 gm)
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups (240 gm)
- Baking soda – 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Sour cream – 1/2 cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Semisweet chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Heavy cream – 2/3 cup (or more)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Shaved chocolate bar – 1 (optional)
Recipe of the Cake
Let’s see the steps to make the cake.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 12-cup bundt pan well with cooking spray.
Melt and combine butter, cocoa powder, and coffee over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
In the stand mixer bowl mounted with the paddle attachment, sift together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low until mixed. Add the butter mixture gradually to the mixer while running at low speed and blend well. Beat to incorporate after scraping the bowl’s bottom and sides. Add the eggs one by one and mix well after each addition. Finally, mix the vanilla extract and sour cream until well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a rubber spatula to smooth the top.
Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the pan cool for ten minutes before turning it upside down on any wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe to Make the Glaze
Let’s see the steps to make the glaze.
Take the chocolate and place it in a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Heat the cream in a tiny saucepan over medium heat. Pour cream over the chocolate. After one minute of waiting, whisk until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of cream if the consistency is too thick. Add vanilla extract and whisk (if using).
Move the cake to a plate. Spread the glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to flow down the sides. Let the glaze set before serving. Add chocolate shavings on top (if using). Your delicious chocolate bundt cake is ready.
Here are some tips to ensure that your bundt cake is the best.
- Give the pan a lot of grease. Bundt pans are infamous for sticking, so it’s worth the time and effort to spray cooking spray in every nook and cranny of your pan. You may also try using butter, but be extra careful to get it into all the crevices of the pan, particularly if it’s highly ornate.
- To get the best flavor, use coffee. One cup of coffee may seem excessive, but we promise it’s worth it to enhance the chocolate flavor and make the cake much better. Don’t worry if you don’t like the flavor of coffee—you won’t be able to detect it! For optimal results, use a cup of dark roast coffee; alternatively, you can substitute 1 teaspoon of espresso powder for the coffee and 1 cup of water.
- Make use of ingredients that are at room temperature. Room-temperature ingredients work best, as they do in most baked items. Place your butter, eggs, and sour cream on the counter before preheating your oven to ensure that the batter comes together well.
- Use a cocoa powder that has undergone Dutch processing. It will give your cake a deep brown, nearly black color and an extremely smooth, rich chocolate flavor. Normal unsweetened cocoa powder can also work if you can’t get Dutch-process; however, your cake will become a little lighter in appearance and flavor.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ve got a detailed idea of how to make chocolate bundt cake easily. So try the recipe at home and enjoy a delicious chocolate dessert.