The crustless cranberry pie is a delightful and light holiday dessert made with frozen or fresh cranberries. You can easily prepare this crustless cranberry pie with just a few basic ingredients. Also, it only requires one bowl for preparation. You can serve it warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
This is the simple Christmas dessert you didn’t know you needed. This crustless cranberry pie is one of the best desserts that can be made in minutes.
Crustless Cranberry Pie
Here is a simple recipe for crustless cranberry pie.
Let’s see the ingredients required for this recipe.
- Granulated sugar 1 cup and two tablespoons, divided
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Allspice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter melted – 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- Eggs – 2 large
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Almond extract – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- Fresh cranberries – divided into 2 cups and 1/4 cup
Let’s see the steps to prepare the crustless cranberry pie.
- Set the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish thoroughly with cooking spray and set it aside. This recipe uses a glass-made pie dish; baking times may change if you use a metal one.
- Add flour, 1 cup sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk together, then set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 45 seconds on high power to melt it. To avoid scrambling the eggs, wait a bit before adding them.
- Add the eggs and extracts, then whisk to combine them well.
- Over the dry mixture, simply pour the wet one and whisk to blend, but try to avoid overmixing.
- Add 2 cups of cranberries and mix well; the batter is really thick.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish and lightly smooth the top with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cranberries over the top.
- Bake for 34–38 minutes until the sides are done. And the toothpick inserted into the center comes out cleanly or with just a few moist crumbs and no batter. Sprinkle two teaspoons of sugar evenly over the top. Your pie is ready.
- Before slicing and serving, let the pie cool completely in the pie dish on the cooling rack.
- Serve it with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. You can store the pie airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This recipe is packed with crisp holiday fruit, spices, and a sweet sugar topping for the perfect flavor balance. It is another simple yet delightful pie you can add to your holiday baking list. So try this crustless cranberry pie recipe at home and enjoy.